|Starting a Chapter|
Thank you for your interest in starting a chapter at your local school. The process is fairly straight forward. Please see the tips below to help guide you on your way to starting.
1. Please consult with your medical school in regards to their local protocol. This is very important to make sure you are following their guidelines. There is usually a contact person who can give you all the information you need.
2. All you need to start a chapter is one person and a mentor. We suggest you seek a faculty member at your medical school that can fulfill this role to help guide you.
3. Become a member via our Membership Portal. Registering is easy and will give you access to our network. REGISTER HERE!
4. Please review the LMSA Constitution and the Chapter Bylaws Template. These documents will be needed when you present your new group to the officials at your medical school. You can tailor the Chapter Bylaws Template to your chapter's specific situation. These documents will be provided to you by the LMSA membership chair.
5. Contact the LMSA Membership Officer to help guide you through this process. Once your chapter has been officially approved at your school, advised the LMSA Membership Officer to get your chapter officially included in the LMSA Regional Chapter List. This step is very important, or we will not be aware of your chapter.
6. Finally, review the Region-Chapter contract that each region has established to ensure you understand the responsibilities / duties that the chapter is responsible for on a yearly and quarterly basis, and return to the Regional Membership Officer. Once completed, your chapter will be part of our growing network!