The LMSA Mission is the following: The Latino Medical Student Association unites and empowers medical students through service, mentorship and education to advocate for the health of the Latino community.
Our vision is: Unifying Medical Students to promote Latino health.
Part of our objectives include:
- To unify all Latino medical students into one organization
- To provide a voice for underrepresented medical students
- To actively promote recruitment and retention of Latino students at all levels
- To educate medical students on Latino health issues
- To advocate for the rights of Latinos in health care
- To provide leadership opportunities for Latinos
- To promote volunteerism in the Latino community